I was so proud that I had them all ready the night before. I did not procrastinate! I cut out the fondant pieces on Thursday to let them dry out and they were perfect. However, when I woke up the next morning, the moisture from the icing caused the fondant to turn to a sticky mush! I woke up in a PANIC! I called Erin to tell her not to worry, but that I would be late to the party. I carefully removed all the "ears" on all 36 cupcakes. I dusted them with a little corn starch and put them in the oven to let the convection fan (with no heat) dry them out. It took about an hour, but they were soon firm enough to reassemble. So, disaster averted! (WHEW!) Then it was off to the party where I finished assembling the cute cupcakes. You can still see a little corn starch on some of them, but hey...at least they look like ears now!
I think the finished product turned out pretty well!
Aren't they cute?
Speaking of cute....check out this birthday girl!
Happy Birthday To You....
A little help from Daddy to make a wish...
Andrew (eating an ear) with the birthday girl!








2 comments:
Very cute! Did you make the cupcake tower too?!
Adorable! I've been wondering how you are losing weight but keeping up with your amazing baking. You're my inspiration.
Post a Comment