Sunday, April 10, 2011

Aloha Church Family

Up until this point, our goodbyes have not been so bad.  With the military community, I know I'll eventually see those people again, but with my church family, it's a little different.  I know I'll have to fly back to Hawaii to see these guys.  (Unless of course they take me up on my offer to come visit us in Florida!)  
We started going to Windward Christian Chruch (formerly First Baptist Windward) when I found out I was pregnant with Andrew.   From the moment we walked in the door, you could feel God's love in that place.  Those people love each other and most importantly, they love the Lord.  I made some very special friends at this church and I'll never forget them or their loving kindness to me and my family!  
Me and Robin
 The Ladners with Uncle Buddy (This man KNOWS how to play piano!)
 Me, Robin, Buddy
 Smooches from Grandma Ball
 I think of her every time someone says, "How are you?"  Because Grandma Ball's response is always, "Blessed."  As I was telling her goodbye I told her I didn't know when I'd get to see her again, to which she replied, "Oh sweetie, I'll see you in heaven." Very true, Grandma, but I hope it's before then! :)
 Me and Rose (Rose, I love your hair short!)
I hadn't cried until I had to say goodbye to my church ohana!  I love you guys and I hope to see you all again one day!

1 comment:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Goodbyes are tough at church. I have discovered as a preachers wife...they are frequent as well. Hope to see you once you get settled.