Outside my window...the last light of day is slowing fading away.
I am thinking...that bath time for the lil man is soon, followed by bedtime. Reading books and saying prayers with Andrew is my favorite part of the day. There's just something so special about that quality time together that is unlike any other time with him.
I am thankful...for a new church home. Last Sunday I joined First Baptist Milton. Today we had a Sunday School party at the beach park down by the river. It was a really fun time to get to know my new friends.
In the kitchen...the dishwasher is roaring while the sink is still full of dirty dishes from all the baking I did this morning.
I am wearing...a cotton sleep dress. (that's right....I just woke up from a pre-bed time nap!)
I am creating...a blog post about some muffins I made the other day.
I am going...to bed soon!...and church in the morning. I love Sunday's!
I am wondering...if Drew and I will watch John Adams when Andrew goes to bed. (We're on part 6 of 7.) If you've never seen the HBO mini-series, I suggest you rent it on Netflix.
I am reading..."Lord, I Want to Know You" by Kay Arthur. It's our new book for our Ladies' Study.
I am hoping...that everything goes well next week when I go to Hawaii and take care of our house there. We're getting new renters, changing the locks, cleaning the carpets, and FINALLY having the countertops repaired. I hope everything goes off without a hitch.
I am looking forward to...the finishing of our house. We've still got about 30-45 more days, but soon and very soon I can start to feel like we're "permanently" settled.
I am hearing...the dishwasher (It's the loudest one I've ever heard!) and the sounds of Epic Mickey being played on the Wii. Andrew loves to watch Drew play.
Around the house...mail is scattered EVERYWHERE! Being that we're in an apartment with NO furniture, there's really nowhere for the mail to go except the counter and the table.
I am pondering...the feasibility of a pool at our new house. The heat is just so extreme and exhausting that it's very tempting. What say you?
One of my favorite things...baking! I woke up at 6:30 this morning. WHAT?! Hold the phone...Yes, I, little Miss Love to Sleep In, woke up, on my own without prompting that early. Before my clan woke up, I had made chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter buttercream, cake balls, and whoopie pies. I was very productive! It was glorious. Baking in the kitchen in my "happy place." This morning it was quiet and peaceful. It was some nice "me" time.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Online class Monday night, Bible study Wednesday morning, and a drive to Albertville on Saturday in prep to fly out of Birmingham Sunday morning.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

I know it's not the most flattering picture (and the girls will probably KILL me for sharing), but I couldn't resist. It was the hilarity of this moment that I love. I miss these girls SO MUCH! The thing I miss about Hawaii the most...my friends. Saying goodbye is no fun, but I do enjoy the times we get to see them again. And today, I'm longing for another visit.
However, on a happier note. I WILL get to see some of these faces next week....

4 comments:
I loved this post. It sounds so you. I am loving the house updates. Hope to see you sometime in the not so distant future.
I love baking the early morning too - it's one of the most productive times. It all sounds yummy - hope you enjoy them.
Love our silly pic! That is the perfect picture to show how we spent our days in Hawaii! HAPPY!
Birmingham, Alabama?
Post a Comment