Yesterday, Drew came home and said that they had started the brick on our house. So naturally, today after Bible Study, Andrew and I had to drive by and check out the progress. So, I packed up the cookies and delivered those to the workers. Only one of the guys spoke English so it was a nice opportunity for me to practice the old Spanish. When we got there (at noon) they were in the shade having lunch; perfect timing for dessert. Poor guys. It was BLAZIN' HOT out there today. Maybe I should have brought them water instead! Anyway, here's what they had done at lunch today:

Side
Back (We wanted the brick that's on the house next door. You can sort of see it there in the background, but after seeing ours, I'm glad we chose the brick we did.)
We are extremely happy with how it looks! It's always hard to tell what the whole house is going to look like based a one foot square sample of brick, ya know? They should finish up today. I can't wait to see what it looks like with my shake shingles on the two gables and my craftsman columns! Exciting stuff!


1 comment:
It's gonna be AU-some! see what i did there?
Post a Comment