Friday, September 2, 2011

Sleepy Head

I'm a sucker for sleeping babies kiddos, so I can't resist an opportunity to take a picture of mine.  
Did you notice that he got a haircut?  I let the gal use the clippers this time instead of doing an all scissor cut. (But I wouldn't let her go any shorter than a 6! I'm a chicken, what can I say?)  It's cute, but I definitely like the longer, surfer look on him.   :)


While we're talking about Andrew....
He loves PreK!  (Minus that one little crying bit on the second day)  He has taken a nap everyday except for 2 days in the last 2 weeks.  So Mom's who think that nap time is gone forever, don't lose hope...there's always PreK!  Hallelujah and Amen!


He had his first show and tell day today.  They've been studying the letter "A" so they had to bring one or two items that started with that letter.  Andrew chose one of his airplanes and his General Lee car, since it was an AUTOMOBILE!  (Thinking back, I wish we would have sent an AUBIE in honor of football season!)


His teacher sends home progress reports daily.  His are always great.  She did have one note this past week:  "Andrew needs to work faster."  
I wanted to say: Don't I know it!  LOL  
He takes his time doing most things, especially coloring.  He colors so well and he doesn't want to get out of the lines AT ALL so it takes him FOREVER to finish.  And in a 3 hour preschool class there's just not enough time to be a pokey little puppy, so we end up finishing all coloring assignments at home.  He'll get faster as time goes on.  


He only has one other boy in his class, his best buddy, Colton.  He likes to tell stories about them playing "pirates" on the playground.  I love seeing him make new friends.    He's such a big boy now! I love to hear all about his day (even though sometimes it takes him until AFTER nap time to tell me anything about it), and I love watching him grow up, even though growing up is hard on Mama.   He's such a kind-hearted little boy and he obey's so well.   He has his occasional moments, but for the most part he is VERY well behaved.  And his favorite words are, "Mama, I love you" or "Mama, I'm thankful for you" and "Daddy, you're my very best buddy...EVER!"  Drew and sit and talk about how blessed we are to have such a sweetheart.  God is good!  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVED pre-k naps! Thank goodness Kaleb always took them. It made the evening time so much easier.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

PreK and Kindergarten naps rock that is for sure

~Kimberly said...

So glad to hear he is loving school!