We woke Andrew up a little early this morning so he could open his presents before school.
He didn't want us to see what it was, so he climbed "IN" the bag so he could see "first."
It's a new bike...with a bell!
A quick little test run in the living room.
Safety first!
Apparently, he wanted to wear his safety gear to breakfast. I made him some brown sugar oatmeal pancakes and eggs for his birthday breakfast. My big birthday boy!
Then it was off to school for Polar Express Pajama day. Here he is with Danielle and Zya. They were having cookies and hot chocolate while they watched the movie, and since it was Andrew's birthday, I made spiderman cookies.
After school, he had to take his new bike for a spin. (Yes, he's wearing shorts...it's SO HOT! I feel like I'm still in Hawaii!)When Drew got home, we had a special surprise for Andrew. We took him bowling. (His favorite) He made a suggestion that we start a new tradition for his birthday and go bowling every year. Sounds good to me.
He dances every time...waiting on his ball to slowly make its way to the pins.
After bowling, we wanted to take Andrew out for a special birthday dinner. He wanted a hot dog at Sonic, so that's where we went. And then finally after Sonic, we had one more surprise in store....yogurt! Andrew loves the self serve yogurt places and he calls them all "Menchies" since that's the first one he ever went to. (Hawaii) Yum...Grapefruit sorbet!
We love yogurt!
We had a really fun day. I think Andrew enjoyed it too! Happy Birthday to my 5 year old!















No comments:
Post a Comment