For example, some were given to me by special friends and their ornaments are a constant reminder of our friendships.
My friend, Silke, brought this one back from a trip to Germany, her home.
Erin got me the Albertville ornament, the McCord Oak, which was a landmark in my hometown for YEARS. Sadly, the McCord Oak fell a few years back.
My friend, Sara, got me this one so I'd think of her (and I do!) in Texas.
Kellye got me this Auburn ornament to remind me of our years spent there...and subsequent return trips to ballgames!
Others remind me of special people, like my Grandmother. For years Granny Nita bought the grandkids an ornament, so that one day when we were out on our own, we'd have some ornaments for our own tree. This one was always my favorite.My cousin's wife, Traci, gave me this one last year after our kids rode the Polar Express, in Calera, AL. Jason and I have countless pictures together as kids and now our kids are making similar memories.
Some ornaments remind me of duty stations past, and our "Ugly" family that we miss so much.
Some remind me of warmer Christmases...
And then there are those that remind me of some of the most special moments in my life, like my wedding day...
...or the first Christmas we had Andrew with us.
No matter the ornament, they all have a story. I'm glad we've built a tree full of precious memories.
As I count my many blessings this Christmas, my heart if full and overflowing with love and joy. Thank you, Lord, for sending Your only son, Jesus, to save us and give us life! I pray you each have a Very Merry Christmas.











2 comments:
I too can tell you the story of every ornament on my tree and still in the box. I have sized down on my tree so this year some of my ornaments did not make it to my tree. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Our trees are an eclectic hodge podge of memories. I think there are only a few ornaments I myself have purchased; all have been given to me at some point through the years, most from my mom. I too can tell a story of each one! Ours may not be the most fashionable of trees but the memories are precious to me.
Post a Comment