Monday, October 1, 2012

A "Major" Accomplishment

Today, I am an especially proud Maine wife.  This morning Drew was promoted to Major.  Now, he will try and humbly tell you that it's no big deal, but I disagree.  I think it's quite an accomplishment and he makes me proud.  He's making the big move from company grade to field grade officer.  I remember when we first got married, looking at the Majors' wives and thinking how different they were.  First of all, they were older since they had been around longer, they knew a lot about how things work in the military, and they just seemed "different."  (C'mon, all you other military wives...you know it's true) It's funny now that I am one.  I don't feel any different.  I am looking forward to seeing him in his new uniform! ;)  Ok, back to the ceremony...

His family joined us for the big day.  Most of the other instructors were able to attend since they hadn't started flying yet. 
 "Attention to Orders"
 The C.O. and I pinned him with his new insignia. 
 A kiss in uniform for the special occasion
(This is when all my patriotic chill bumps stand up and the eyes get a little teary)  The Oath of Office: I (state your name) do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely; and without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter; So help me God.
 Receiving line of "congratulations" 
Congratulations, honey.  I'm so proud of you!  

*on a less serious note:  I don't know what it is about Drew getting promoted when I'm pregnant?!  Last time he was promoted, which meant I had to get a new military ID, I was pregnant with Andrew.  I may have to wait until AFTER Aubrey gets here update this ID!* lol 

1 comment:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Congrats to the new Major in the family. You look amazing!