Friday, October 26, 2012

Andrew's First Field Trip

Today I went with Andrew's class to Sweet Season's farms for his very first field trip.  It was blazin' hot!  The kids were kind of miserable in the corn maze.  I kept hearing, "I'm hot. I'm thirsty. When are we getting snack?I'm starving."  lol  it was HOT and I felt bad for them since there was no water fountain and we had to wait until we finished all of our activities before eating lunch.
Speaking of activities...first up was the cow train...a definite hit with all the kids.  That golf cart was really movin' too!  

 Next up...the corn popper (a bouncy house type "pillow" on the ground)
 This was by far the kids' favorite!
 They posed for a class picture before going to "corn college" where they learned all about how corn is grown and all the uses of corn.

 After lunch the kids played on the playground.  There were slides and swings, but where did my child want to play?  In the giant pile of red dirt!  Talk about FILTHY!  He had to have a bath when we got home.
 King of the mountain
We headed home after the field trip and packed our bags for our weekend in Auburn!  

No comments: