I'm going to take a minute to brag on my kid! Drew and I know he's great, but it's really nice when other people notice too! Last week I got a note from school saying that Andrew had been chosen as this month's Kindergarten Terrific Kid. I had to help him with a poster that is being displayed at school. The note said he would be presented this award by the Principal and the Kiwanis Club on the school's TV program on Monday morning, October 15th. I was so proud. I couldn't wait to go and see him get this award. However, on Monday, October 8th I picked Andrew up from school and the first thing he said when he got in the car, "Mama, I was on TV today." What?! They changed the date without telling me and I missed it. :( The really sad thing was that Drew was home that day and he could have gone too. Bummer. The worst part...no one took pictures at school. So, I have nothing but the certificate and the "My kid is a Terrific Kid at Berryhill" bumper sticker. Oh, well...I'm still proud of my Terrific Kid!
**I volunteered at the school today so I took a picture of his Terrific Kid poster hanging outside of his room! (Funny that he's wearing the same shirt in both pictures)


No comments:
Post a Comment