Saturday, October 16, 2010

Travel Log: Day 14

 









Day 14 was the day I was waiting for the whole trip!  After a four hour drive down from New Jersey, we finally made it to the Turner's house.  Nick and Kim figured that it was exactly one year to the day that we said goodbye to them in Hawaii.  (That was a sad day that we're not going to talk about)  When we got to their house, which is gorgeous by the way, Trevor came running out first.  He jumped up into my arms and gave me the biggest and best hug e.v.e.r.!  (Yes, I teared up a little)  The rest of the clan came running out next.   Andrew ran right up to Kim and gave her a big hug and then he, Addi, and Trevor disappeared into the play room.  We didn't see them for several hours!  They were having way too much fun playing.  

Shortly after our arrival, Julie drove over from California, MD.  Us girls had so much fun catching up.  That night Nick grilled some yummy Iowa chops and invited the Minaldi's over to join us.  (FYI: the Minaldi's used to to be in Hawaii too.  Lt. Col. Minaldi was the Commanding Officer of the Ugly Angels when Drew and I got married.)  They just had a beautiful little girl named Anna Grace.  It was nice to get to meet her.  I have no idea why I don't have a picture of her.  You can see her on Kim's Blog!

After dinner Kim made some ice cream and each of the kids took turns with the hand crank before giving up and switching to the electric motor.  Here's Trevor giving it his all.


Addi joins in.

 Andrew and Trevor waiting for the ice cream.
 Addi never turned me down for a smile.
 The original 3 amigas: Me, Kim, Julie
 This one is just to show you how much fun we have when we all get together!  (sorry girls...had to do it)
 I miss these girls so much!
We spent the night at the Turner household.  I believe Kim and I could have sat up all night talking but since the next morning was church day, we called it a night around 11:30pm.  The next morning Nick made us a delicious breakfast to fill us up before heading home.  
We had such a good visit.  I wish it could have been longer.  So did Andrew.  When he woke up on Sunday he said, "I don't want to go home today.  I want to stay at Trevor's house a lot of days."  Me too buddy!  
Thanks Turners for the great visit.  I hope we can do it again soon!  Julie and Minaldi's...it was so great to see you too!  Next time...it's GAME on!  (but Kim is on my pictionary team!)
 

2 comments:

~Kimberly said...

Great pics! I've got way worse ones of all of us. I need to distribute them out (to just us of course!) We loved having you and you are ALL welcome back ANYTIME! It's just not the same with you not at the same duty station. tear.

Anonymous said...

Yes we must get together more often! And Kim will NOT be on your Pictionary team;)

Julie S.