Friday, April 22, 2011

Back in the Mainland...For Good This Time!

Well, we made our way back to this side of the Pacific on April 12 and after a couple of days worth of house hunting in Florida, we spent a week in Albertville with my family. I totally forgot to take a picture of the banner welcoming Drew home.  Guess I'll get a picture of that later.  Chiquita was SO excited to see Drew.  But it doesn't look like the feeling was mutual.


We had a great week.  There was lots of playing and even a day of fishing at my Grandaddy's house.  I caught 18 bass, while Drew only caught 2 We caught 20 bass!  Most of them were small so we only kept 6.  Once we had them cleaned we had over 3 1/2 lbs of meat.  Not bad for 6 little fishies! 

 Andrew came to watch the cleaning process.
 We saved the fish (along with some more fish from Catfish Cabin) for our big cookout on Friday night.  We invited a bunch of our friends over to welcome Drew home and wish my brother-in-law, Jefforey, a happy birthday.  I think, all in all, we had 13 kiddos running around.  Andrew and Shiloh took the mustang for a spin before our special guests arrived.
 Here they come...THE TURNERS stopped by Albertville on their way to Florida for their spring break!
 We were so excited to see them.  What a treat that they stopped by to see us.  Andrew was SO excited.  He talked about giving Trevor a big hug all day, so when he saw him, that's just what he did!
 My cousin, Jason, brought Raegan over.  I gave her a hula outfit for her birthday.  She, and all the other girls had to put it on and give us a show.
 While the girls were doing the hula, all the boys were running around shooting each other...typical. :)
 We had some more special guests to stop by that night...THE TRAMMELLS!  (They just got into town to visit Alan's parents.  So we had our own little Hawaii reunion.  (Sara and Julie...we missed you)
 Addi putting on a show :)
 After a country breakfast, we sent the Turner's on their way and spend the rest of the morning with my Dad's family.  They came into town to welcome Drew home!  As I was getting ready to leave, I looked out my window (on the 2nd floor) and what did I find? Uncle Adam in the tree!
 Before we left Andrew got an early Easter basket from Granna and Paw-Paw.
Then it was time to head south to MS to visit Drew's family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there for the 'Hawaii reunion' too!!

Julie S.