Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Paw-Paw

Andrew and I made an impromptu trip back to Albertville on the 27th.  I decided that since he wasn't in school, I'd take the opportunity to spend a little more time with my family, especially Granddaddy.  It just so happened that we got to be there for Paw-Paw's birthday (which was a nice present for him.)
The morning of his birthday Andrew decided that Paw-Paw needed a surprise party with a cake, which meant I got to make it.  Andrew also mentioned that he wanted Paw-Paw to have a car cake.  So I got busy baking.  *Let me just tell you...this cake was a feat!  I had NO...I mean NO baking supplies.  I baked this sucker  in a 9x12 baking dish.  I had no decorating tips so I had to make parchment triangles (which I'm NOT good at.) I also had no cake boards, so I covered a bamboo cutting board in foil.  Somehow it all came together.  Andrew got his surprise party and Paw-Paw had a car cake.  And man, was it good!
 Andrew and Paw-Paw
 Funny story:  Mom overheard my Dad say that he needed a new floor jack, so she ordered him what she thought he wanted.  However, as he opened the present, he just started laughing.  Mom got him a very literal "floor jack," as in to lift the floor of a house!  He appreciated the thought and we all enjoyed the laugh!

1 comment:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Awesome cake girlfriend!