Saturday, August 22, 2009

Andrew's New Ride

Drew wanted to get Andrew a really special present to celebrate Daddy coming home. So we spent the past two days looking at bicycles. Andrew was very excited. We looked everywhere and finally at our last stop, ToysRus, we found the one Drew...er...I mean Andrew wanted!

We got home and Andrew waited patiently as Daddy finished putting it together.

Then he hopped on for the first time.
He had to check it out and see how this thing works...
Daddy showed him how to pedal.
Then we went outside to give it a whirl....but not until we put on our matching helmet and elbow pads. (Just a note...Drew and I never wore helmets when we were growing up!)
This has to be my favorite shot. Andrew thought it was really cool and only slightly scary to go down the dip in the sidewalk! (If you can't see his face, click the photo to enlarge it)
Hold on to your hats!
This is fun!
Andrew LOVES his new bike. When I was tucking him in tonight he said "Mama, I'm really excited." I said, "Oh yeah, why?" He said, "Cause I love my new bike."

*you'll also notice that Andrew got a haircut today! After warning Drew that this might be an unpleasant experience (because the last 3 were HORRIBLE)...Andrew was an angel...didn't make a peep! Guess we just needed Daddy around so Andrew could be a big boy!

No comments: