After that, our day got better. Andrew waited until 10 minutes before we got home to fall asleep which meant I actually got to take a nap! It was AMAZING!...and much needed after yesterday. When we woke up, we had a quick snack and then met our neighbors Niles, Bethany, and Mackenzie at Ma'ili Beach Park for Sunset on the Beach. They had many vendor booths, crafts, a health fair, bouncy houses and rides for the kids, stages with live music, fireworks, and even a huge movie screen. (Tonight's showing was Kung Fu Panda...but we didn't stay for that)
Andrew and Mackenzie had a blast jumping in the Elmo bouncy house.
CHEESE!
After bouncing around for a while, we headed over to the kiddie rides. They first rode the helicopter ride. (as you can see...they LOVED it)
Andrew did get a little concerned (as did Bethany and I) when Mackenzie managed to slip out of her seat belt to try and reach the wheel for the rotors. Don't worry she sat back down!
Between rides I managed to snap this quick shot of the sky after the sunset.
Next it was on to the swings. I can't get over the fact that he's big enough to ride by himself now! Maybe this means he'll enjoy Disneyland next month!
Wheee! They were LOVIN' it! I have to admit though, that I got a little nervous toward the end. That ride really picked up speed! But the kids had a blast.
Next it was back to our blanket to wait for the fireworks. The Air Force Band of the Pacific was singing Motown's greatest hits. They were really good. Andrew and Mackenzie held hands and danced the night away! (I was so proud)
We had great seats for the fireworks. They were shooting them on the beach right in front of us.
The kids were amazed. They'd say "WOW...Yea! and I even heard Andrew yell a few "That's so Amazing" phrases.
When the fireworks were over we headed home where Andrew informed me that he wasn't going to bed. (must have been the Cotton candy) We were walking up the stairs to get ready for bed and he put his arms around my neck and said, "You're the best, Mama!" Things like that make me forget all about days like yesterday! :)
CHEESE!
After bouncing around for a while, we headed over to the kiddie rides. They first rode the helicopter ride. (as you can see...they LOVED it)
Andrew did get a little concerned (as did Bethany and I) when Mackenzie managed to slip out of her seat belt to try and reach the wheel for the rotors. Don't worry she sat back down!
Between rides I managed to snap this quick shot of the sky after the sunset.
Next it was on to the swings. I can't get over the fact that he's big enough to ride by himself now! Maybe this means he'll enjoy Disneyland next month!
Wheee! They were LOVIN' it! I have to admit though, that I got a little nervous toward the end. That ride really picked up speed! But the kids had a blast.
Next it was back to our blanket to wait for the fireworks. The Air Force Band of the Pacific was singing Motown's greatest hits. They were really good. Andrew and Mackenzie held hands and danced the night away! (I was so proud)
We had great seats for the fireworks. They were shooting them on the beach right in front of us.
The kids were amazed. They'd say "WOW...Yea! and I even heard Andrew yell a few "That's so Amazing" phrases.
When the fireworks were over we headed home where Andrew informed me that he wasn't going to bed. (must have been the Cotton candy) We were walking up the stairs to get ready for bed and he put his arms around my neck and said, "You're the best, Mama!" Things like that make me forget all about days like yesterday! :) I put him down at 9 and then at 10:40 after carrying him back up the stairs at least 15 times, he finally stayed put and is out for the night! It was such a fun night. I'm glad we have good neighbors and Andrew has a good friend. I wish Drew could've been here to go with us. (soon though) And now, my dear friends...I'm going to bed too! Good-night!
No comments:
Post a Comment