Today Andrew and I decided to go to the beach. It didn't take us long to pack a lunch and get all our things in the car. (We're very efficient now, after going to the beach every day with Kellye.) We headed even farther out west to Ka'ena Point. (I love this beach) We set up camp and had a nice lunch. Then Andrew and I combed the beach for treasures. He collected a few shells "for Daddy," he said. After being there for a couple of hours Andrew asked if we could go to the pool. It was a scorcher today, for Hawaii anyway, and the ocean was too rough to get in the water. So we left our little beach camp and headed to the pool at Sea Country. We spent a couple of hours there too. We pretty much had the whole pool to ourselves. It was a great day spent with my lil man.
Tonight when I tucked him in, he asked if HE could read "Can't You Sleep, Dotty?" He started out "Can't you sleep dotty, by Tim Warnes." That's right...he knows the author too! He read the WHOLE thing. The different animals all ask dotty "Can't you sleep, Dotty?" Then there are phrases such as "mumbled sleepily," "chirped," "squeaked," and "sighed." He even got all those right! I was so impressed. I mean VERBATIM! I think this makes about 5 books that he knows by heart! He's such a smart boy!
Tonight when I tucked him in, he asked if HE could read "Can't You Sleep, Dotty?" He started out "Can't you sleep dotty, by Tim Warnes." That's right...he knows the author too! He read the WHOLE thing. The different animals all ask dotty "Can't you sleep, Dotty?" Then there are phrases such as "mumbled sleepily," "chirped," "squeaked," and "sighed." He even got all those right! I was so impressed. I mean VERBATIM! I think this makes about 5 books that he knows by heart! He's such a smart boy!
1 comment:
that is so great Alaina! So glad you both had a great day! love you!
Post a Comment