Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Latest "Andrew-isms"

Andrew is such a talker! And the inflections in his voice are so animated! (I don't know where he gets that) hehe But he is so funny and I'm constantly amazed at the things he comes up with. Here are a few of his latest:

Pulling into Waimea Beach Park:
"An afternoon at the beach...Nothing could be better!"

That same day, walking down to the beach:
"Hey I have a great idea. Let's fly a kite!"

On seeing anything interesting or exciting:
"WOW! That's amazing!"

A couple of days ago, he asked me to put on his watch. So I did, then returned to the dishes in the sink. I kept watching him and all of a sudden he looked at his watch and said, "Would you look at the time. I'd better get started." And off he went to the toy box. I'm still not sure what he was getting started on, but it was hilarious!

On reading bedtime stories:
Me: "Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown and illustrated by Clement Hurd"
Andrew "What's Margaret Wise Brown?"
Me: "She's the author. Do you know what an author does?"
Andrew: "She's the guy that wrote the book" Mama, what's a Clement Hurd?"
Me: "Clement Hurd is the illustrator. What does the illustrator do?"
Andrew: "He's the guy that draws the pictures."
He's so smart! :)

Walking up the stairs to go to bed the other night, Andrew puts his arm around my shoulder and as he pats my back he says, "Mama, you're the best!"

He's the best! And I can't wait for his Daddy to get home and hear all the funny things he comes up with.


2 comments:

Lisa Spence said...

I wish I had written down the funny things my boys would say!

Ladners'Latest said...

Oh I know. There's already so much of that I "meant" to write down and have already forgotten!