Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas #2


Christmas #2 took place on Saturday night (the 19th) with my immediate family.   The night started off by Andrew opening his birthday present from Aunt Gracie, "Elf on the Shelf."

Then it was on to the other presents.  All the adults sat patiently and watched Andrew open all of his gifts first.  He was quite humorous.  
"Wow!  It's a little kitchen!"

Most of his presents were toys and things wrapped in their original box, so when Andrew opened up a plain old cardboard box, I think he was a little disappointed.  He said,
"Aw, it's just a box."

Once he realized that there was actually something in the box, he was ok. He liked seeing the tags on the presents too.  For that he said, 
"Hey, this one has my name on it!"

Next, he opened a truck pulling a trailer with two four-wheelers on it.  He was ecstatic!  
"Wow!  It's what I've always wanted!"

The truck kept him pretty busy, so the adults moved on to their presents.  Traditionally on Christmas Eve my sister and I exchange our gifts and then save the rest for Christmas morning, but since it's our year to spend Christmas day in Mississippi, we did everything in one night.  After Annah and I opened our presents, we had our traditional "sissy hug" in our Christmas PJ's.



Traditionally Christmas Eve is when we make our "Happy Birthday Jesus" cake, but I did that on Saturday as well.  We always eat it for a "pre-breakfast" on Christmas morning.  Here's Andrew blowing out the candle for Jesus. 

The cake:



1 comment:

~Kimberly said...

Looks like tons of fun! Can't wait to see pics from the next 4 Christmas'! Your package is on its way if you haven't gotten it! Let me know! Miss you!