Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas #3

Sunday (Dec. 20) was church, lunch at Grandaddy's, still more last minute shopping, church again, and then our Christmas #3 at my maternal grandparents' house. We had our traditional supper of spaghetti and boiled shrimp.  Yum-O!  I know, I know...shrimp and spaghetti.  Legend has it that this crazy tradition all started because my grandfather asked us (My sister and I) what we wanted to eat on Christmas Eve.  One said shrimp; the other spaghetti.  And so it began.  We've been eating that same meal for as long as I can remember!
After we stuffed our faces, it was time once again for PRESENTS!  Andrew is becoming a pro at present un-wrapping, but he is so slow and meticulous, tearing off the tiniest pieces.  He immediately hands me, or whoever is closest, his scraps and waits until you put in the garbage bag before tearing off the next piece.  It's so funny to watch!


He was nice enough to pose for a shot.

Checking out his cool talking/dancing/transforming truck.

This is your child on SUGAR:

It was a fun night at Granny and Grandaddy's.  But once we got home, I was utterly exhausted.  By this time we're still jet lagged and sleep deprived.  We have all been running on shear adrenaline.  On Monday morning we slept in and let Andrew wake up on his own before driving down to Mississippi.  I think he went to bed at 1:15 am and slept until 11am.  Shortly after he woke up, we hit the road and made to Kiln around 6 pm.  


...Only 3 more Christmases to go!

1 comment:

~Kimberly said...

Sugared Andrew is adorable!