This morning started with a continental breakfast and a trip to the indoor water park IN our hotel! We were the first ones there, so the water wasn't turned on when I took these pictures.

How cool is that? It was $10/person if you were staying at the hotel. They have a party room so you can have your birthday party here too. (I wonder if this is the new trend for hotels?)
Andrew had a blast. This yellow slide turned out to be his favorite.
My favorite just so happened to be the rainforest hot tub!
After a couple of hours in the water park, we drove around Louisville to see some sights. Here's a shot of Slugger field.
We also stopped at the Louisville Slugger factory (and gift shop). We didn't go in the museum, but it looked really neat. Andrew got a miniature Braves bat and some squishy baseballs and we got Uncle a shirt!
Speaking of Uncle...I took this picture for him.
Go Braves!
I wanted to see where they have the Kentucky Derby, so we drove by Churchill Downs. It was pretty! Maybe one day I can come back and wear a pretty dress and a hat. :)After leaving Louisville, the next big city was Cincinnati. It looked nice driving into town. We drove past the Bengals' stadium.
And the Reds too... (sorry they're blurry, but I took them through the backseat window.)
Once we got on the other side of Cincinnati, the leaves really started to change. So after tomorrow we should have some pretty nice shots of color. We kept driving today until we made it to Mentor, Ohio. (AHS showchoir...you're all familiar with this place!) We're once again staying at a Comfort Inn. This time there's no water park, but we did have an indoor pool. We let Andrew swim until 10pm because he slept in the car until 7:30. We had hoped that he would burn some energy and be ready for bed...no such luck. We're all exhausted and ready for bed and he's WIRED!
Here's our total distance so far:
Speaking of tomorrow...our agenda consists of NIAGARA FALLS!!! I can't wait!












1 comment:
Say hi to Buffalo (Zach's hometown)! If you want wings, go to Anchor Bar--that's where they were invented!
Post a Comment