Friday, July 10, 2009

Kellye Is Here!

On Thursday, July 9th my college friend, Kellye, flew in at 7:20 pm. She'll be here until July 29th. *Kellye and I met at Auburn in the summer of 2001 in Dr. Zuwiyya's Spanish Conversation class. We lived together in Mexico in the summer of '02 for our study abroad experience, and as they say...the rest is history!* Anyway, her first day on the island (Friday) was a whirlwind tour of the North Shore.

We drove up and hung out at Sunset Beach for a while, where I forgot to mention that the current is a little strong. Kellye took a leisurely stroll to the edge of the ocean to let the surf roll gently over her toes. Before I (or she) knew it, she was flat on her back. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of that one!

Also that day, we had lunch at Cholos Mexican Restaurant. (Spanish teachers have to eat Mexican wherever they go!) We finished up our day at Motsumoto's Shave Ice. It's the best, and most famous on the island. And I'm also happy to announce the return of the coffee flavor! It's back by popular demand.

This was the first time I took out my camera all day long. Kellye enjoying a Hawaiian treat!
I have so many other pictures to share from our last 2 days, but we're hardly home to have time to post them. My kitchen is a mess and the laundry is piling up, but we're having a BLAST! Stay tuned for the next 2 1/2 weeks of our adventures! It should get interesting!

No comments: