We continued our drive on around and stopped to hike the Makapu'u Lighthouse. (which I haven't done since May 2004) Round trip it's 2 miles. The first mile is uphill all the way, which wouldn't be so bad if you weren't pushing a 33 lb child in a stroller! There were times when Kellye and I both had to push it! And it was BLAZIN' HOT! Here's a very sleepy Andrew half way to the top.
Kellye taking a break.
Kellye being a typical cheer coach!
Once we finally reached the top, Andrew and I rested on the handicap perch while Kel hiked just a little higher up the steps to get the "really" good view.
He was in such a good mood up there.


The hike back down was a breeze! 1) it was down hill 2) Andrew wanted to walk 3) literally we had a breeze blowing. After that exercise Kel and I felt like we could take on the world! (though on the way up we thought we were going to die!)
Kellye taking a break.
Kellye being a typical cheer coach!
Once we finally reached the top, Andrew and I rested on the handicap perch while Kel hiked just a little higher up the steps to get the "really" good view.
He was in such a good mood up there. 

The hike back down was a breeze! 1) it was down hill 2) Andrew wanted to walk 3) literally we had a breeze blowing. After that exercise Kel and I felt like we could take on the world! (though on the way up we thought we were going to die!) We finished out the day by driving through Waimanalo and stopping for Dave's ice cream.
No comments:
Post a Comment